Every 7-10 days or so, I like to do a full body workout that I initially found on Bodybuilding.com, but tailored a little to fit my own individual style. This type of full body workout will deplete your muscles of glycogen stores, boost fat burning enzymes, and help increase your progress. I like the way I feel like it really “shocks” my muscles by working certain muscle groups back-to-back that I wouldn’t normally put together. It is also a great workout for those days where you are feeling kind of sluggish/bored with your routines, and want to get into the gym and really shake things up.
Here are 2 different variations that I have done recently. You can substitute different lifts depending on your own style and ability, but the overall idea is to work all of your muscle groups and really fatigue your muscles all over. I try for the 8-10 rep range, so I lift pretty heavy on these days.
1. Leg Press/Bench Press
2. Seated Row/Shoulder Press
3. Lunges/Pec Deck
4. Lat Pulldown/Lateral Raises
5. Calf Raises/Bicep Curls/Abs
6. Abs/Push ups/Abs
1. Pec Deck/Shoulder Press
2. Bench/Bulgarian Split Squat
3. Lat Pulldown/Lateral Raise/Weighted AB Crunch
4. Bicep Curls/Flyes/Ab V-Up Crunches
5. Leg Press/Good Mornings
6. 3 ABS of your choice to failure (plank, leg raises, and bicycles)
ABS AND BOOTY AND ARMS OH MY!!!!!!!!